A different type of quiz....
1. What is the brightest star in the night sky? Can you name the second? Third?
2. How are black holes made?
3. Name one poisonous mammal.
4. Name the mammals that lay eggs. What other mammals are they closely related to?
5. What is the lightest element? What is the second lightest? How many elements are lighter than oxygen?
6.what elements did a winner of the chemistry noble prize discover (she got the pize with her husband), and what is her name? Why does no one want to look at her notebooks?
7. Who got the noble prize for discovering the structure of DNA? (two people got it)Who really should have gotten it?
8. What does COPD stand for? What are the main causes? And why, oh why, is it really two diseases?
9. What is Yellowstone National Park, and why are there so many gysers? (Hint: the answers are the same)
10. What is El Nino? What results from it?
Bonus: What is the function of the Appendix? (yes, it isn't useless)
let's see who can get the best mark, whithout looking on the internet! ( answers will be posted in maybe, a month. is that okay? or sooner?)